Friday, November 14, 2008

Jane Austen





Being a student in AP English I have come across many books that were forced upon me to read. Some of them have been decent, though I felt as if I had been dragged through them, page by page. Others were so quite abhorring I could never say I enjoyed them. Some, but very few, have been rather decent and I might even say I took some delight in them.
Now I must confess that I have been given a book to read that I am astounded at never having read before! Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice".
This is the only book so far that I found myself ever so engaged that I could not, for the life of me, cease to read it. My fingers were glued to the book and my eyes to the words upon the many wonderful pages. I read about 85% of the book in one sitting, which resulted in my having end up going to bed at 4:30 in the morning! As of then, I have determined it as one of the best books I have ever had the pleasure to read and shall most certainly buy a copy as soon as I find one.
If you love a story that involves inter-weaving plots that shall always supply laughter, love, intense and anxious scenes, passion and an over all heart-warming experience, then this book calls to you! I highly recommend it! It had one of the most pleasant endings that shall fill you inside with a warm, glowing, happy bubble that shall be contageous to those around you, I'm sure. :)

~Elizabeth
PS: The character of Mr. Darcy has stolen my heart away completely! And I dare say, that I do not wish it back any time soon. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, finally a new blog post! Good review...maybe I'll read it this coming summer,we'll see. I'm glad you found a book you enjoyed so much!
Melissa